On My Way!

The journey began some months back. It appears drastic, sudden to all these casual observers, people who listen but don’t really hear, those who hear, those who hear but have no understanding , those so blind that even when the noon sun shines, it’s as if a blanket of darkness has fallen over them. It’s amazing how one can be so specific, explicitly let all and sundry know what she’s planning, yet when the change comes, they are all caught unawares, surprised and unappreciative of the change. I have moved a number of steps, but it seems they are too small to be noticed. I finally cut my locks, seven years worth of hair growth and the drama of the shock has me amazed and I wanna borrow a lyric from India Irie and say ‘I am not my hair!’ I want to scream it actually! Everyone sounds so traumatized. How do I explain that I am on the way and this is just a step in a new phase in the journey that is my life? That the affair with the locks has died a natural death? That this is truly more than just a hair thing?
I feel wonderful with this new step, confident and several years younger. Maybe I am grasping for my yesterday girl. Maybe I have missed the joy of running a comb through my hair. Maybe it’s a symbolism of my new beginning, to let it be known, I am on the way! To reinvent myself like Madonna. Maybe in this brand building bid, it’s a necessity. I am looking good and not only do I feel it, I know it for sure. Hey! Who knows? I could become ‘a perfect verse over a tight beat!’

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Captain Kwame Waikenda

Capt. Kwame K. Waikenda

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle Rules the World by William Ross Wallace (1819-1881)