Spellbound


I looked at you,

Our eyes met and held

In that moment you cast your spell

I looked away but the damage, already done

I left but my soul lingered and merged with yours

I ran away but my heartbeat was left at your feet

Beating to a rhythm you orchestrated.

I keep coming back when I shouldn't

Keep holding on when it's much safer

To run like the wind in the opposite direction

You are my life, my soul, my heart

So intertwined we are

I am lost when you are gone

My reason to be more dwindles without you

I breathe you in and fall in love with each heave

Unconditionally you come in and my arms keep you in

This spell is stronger than both of us

What good shall come of it?

I have tried to dispel it
But I seem to weave more than unweave

I am you

You are me

Spellbound to eternity

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Captain Kwame Waikenda

Capt. Kwame K. Waikenda

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle Rules the World by William Ross Wallace (1819-1881)