ThE LoVE AffAIR - Héloise to Abelard


 "It is hard that we should part 
just when we have become used 
to each other's thoughts and ways, 
and each needful to the other. 
When thou art with me, life is full, 
and when thou art away, my life is a desert.
    It cannot be that we will not sit on our bed making plans, 
plans in which I had a share. 
    Didst thou not say that I could help you 
and will it be somebody else taking my place?
    I do not intend to make this parting harder than it is; 
the strain is too great, I cannot bear it; 
my tears will flow if I try to endure it.
    Only this have I the strength to say, 
that this parting cannot be long; 
for those who love as we do cannot be parted. 
    We shall always be united in thought; 
and thought is a powerful magnet.
    I have often spoken to thee of reason; 
now I speak to thee of faith."
Héloise to Abelard

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Captain Kwame Waikenda

Capt. Kwame K. Waikenda

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle Rules the World by William Ross Wallace (1819-1881)