"Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting ; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised"

As we grow, we learn to charm our way to getting whatever we want, when we want it. We learn to use our power as women into being charming. We charm our moms when we are 2yrs and below with beautiful smiles and some "I yav u"s, we charm our kindergarten teachers by bringing them sweets although our moms are probably to blame for that one. We also learn that it's important to invest in our beauty, we become obsessed in outdoing each other in lifelong beauty contests in winning friends, jobs, men etc.

All in all we learn to get away with murder through all stages of our lives. When you read Proverbs 31 in the Old Testament of the Bible, you will find the above verse and it gets you thinking. All I have learn throughout my life, I have to replace with something new and more profound like being in awe of God so that I can gain praise. It blows my mind! however, i am determined to learn or re-learn everything that will get me to a point of being in awe of God to get the praise that goes on and on.....better than an energizer battery.

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Captain Kwame Waikenda

Capt. Kwame K. Waikenda

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle Rules the World by William Ross Wallace (1819-1881)