Personal Branding

Personal Branding is "the art of attracting and keeping more clients by actively shaping public perception" (Peter Montoya). And according to William Arruda's definition "a revolution in the way we manage our professions. It means identifying and communicating what makes you unique, relevant and compelling so that you can advance your career or business. And as Arruda continues " using who you are to get what you want out of life"
Today, I have discovered the Laws of Personal Branding as defined by Peter Montoya. Specialization. Leadership. Personality. Distinctiveness. Visibility. Unity. Persistence. Goodwill. I need to apply these laws in my campaign to build BRAND ME. The most important step is about having a definition of BRAND ME by ME instead of going by a definition that has being given by others. That means that my perception of ME must be based on a clear understanding of my weaknesses and my strengths. A clear focus on what needs to be changed, an acceptance on what cannot be changed and knowing the difference. Sounds more like the serenity prayer, I know, but it's a fact and it gives me a strong foundation on which to start constructing a great personal brand.
so, over the next few days I am defining these laws for BRAND ME, personalize them, see what works for me and what doesn't.

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Captain Kwame Waikenda

Capt. Kwame K. Waikenda

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle Rules the World by William Ross Wallace (1819-1881)