The Journey Begins - An Analysis of Sorts

I've had a beautiful weekend. I didn't do anything that some people might consider spectacular really. I got on the road in my journey to MEland. That might sound strange but I don't know how many people understand themselves or know themselves for that matter. We are dependent mostly on what our siblings/parents/friends/colleagues say about us to have an idea of who we are and not really know who we are. If someone asked you to describe yourself with five words only, that encompass all of you, would you know what to say? That was the task I decided to undertake this weekend and I discovered that I did start this journey a while back but I've somehow managed to be In The Meantime like forever. This is also a journey that has now taken on a more defined course as I work on becoming a BRAND. I know all my five attributes by the way- Intuitive, Charismatic, Industrious, Tenacious & Responsible. Add Intelligent to that list please!
I have also looked at my strengths and weaknesses. I took a quiz that stacked me up against Donald Trump and discovered that I need to work on Self-promotion, self-confidence, increase my wealth creation motivation and resilience, I was a SIX! Average? Me? That definitely does not sit well with me and seems to make a mockery of my great attributes. I must say though knowing what I know and deciding what stays and what gets chucked is unbelievably exhilarating because I am discovering that every resource that I need is at hand and some of it I have already gone through and I need only connect the dots.
I also took time to go over my short & long time goals in the areas of Social/Financial/Spiritual/Health/Professional and realize what needs to be achieved, what needs to change, what's real, what's not in order to achieve that perfect balance that every person needs to live a full life. I have looked at my hobbies, things that I enjoyed doing but don't do anymore for reasons that now make no sense. Today, I discovered a great posting on Pursue the Passion. That all you need to start the fire is to pay attention to the flicker, so that you can fan it to a great fire. I still need a mentor or an accountability person as I have discovered that I am prone to procrastination. I have never had a mentor, OK, not since high school and I am working on identifying one.

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Captain Kwame Waikenda

Capt. Kwame K. Waikenda

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle Rules the World by William Ross Wallace (1819-1881)