Laughing at Yourself

Nyatichi Sitati, MC at the Phenomenal Woman seminar showed me the importance of laughing at myself, a diva principle I believe. Please note that it must not be in derision but must be in acceptance at the point of life you are in. She's a mother of two and of course no longer a young babe and bearing children does take toll on our bodies. She didn't not wait for people to comment on the extra weight she had gained, she pointed it out. She knew why and understood that it was a season and she enjoyed being in that season.

Often times we do not laugh at ourselves and therefore feel hurt when other people laugh at us. She made me realise that if I laughed at my so called imperfections, it wouldn't matter how much anyone else laughed at me. I would in any case be able to join in the laughter and therefore take the power back from my 'adversaries'. It's clearly the mark of a true diva. And I will therefore laugh more at myself, for myself and enjoy the seasons, knowing clearly that it's a season and it shall come to pass.

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Captain Kwame Waikenda

Capt. Kwame K. Waikenda

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle Rules the World by William Ross Wallace (1819-1881)