Here We Are

Doing a dance. Stepping hesitantly towards each other. Carefully I place my hand into yours, feel your arm draw me close to you, afraid of the warmth and the tenderness, yet needing it like the earth needs the rain. We move slowly, breathing in and out quietly, to still the tremors that course through our bodies involuntarily. We're here. A place familiar yet strange. How is that possible?

The tension slowly seeps away, making way to a languorous feel. I draw closer still, want to melt into you. I feel you draw closer too, feel the strength in your body bind me to you. I breath in your essence. I want to be here. I know I need to be here. I sense your joy of been here.

And so here we are!

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Captain Kwame Waikenda

Capt. Kwame K. Waikenda

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle Rules the World by William Ross Wallace (1819-1881)