SMILE

I opened my eyes and smiled.
The sun was not streaming into my room, yet I smiled.
I smiled at the infinite possibilities that today would bring me,
I smiled as I received my blessings for the day, an hourly promise
I smiled as I said thank you for the smile that stretched my lips into a beautiful curve,
I smiled at the possibility to be all that I wanted and should be,
I smiled at the beauty of a gray day that made me hopeful of a speck of sunshine,
I smile now at the inspiration, drawn from the mundaness of the day,
I smile,
My heart skips a beat and leaps in a joyous dance,
My step is lighter, springier
And today, all is possible.
So, I smile some more.

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Captain Kwame Waikenda

Capt. Kwame K. Waikenda

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle Rules the World by William Ross Wallace (1819-1881)